Friday, October 23, 2015

Exdo Remodel Plots

Not too long after I started working at Tracks, I was given the chance to completely revamp Exdo, our event center. This was the largest project I'd ever been given so I did as much planning as possible. These are the plots I hand drew and had scanned.


This one shows the whole atrium with all the C and I beams. These are the only points where something can be suspended just based on how the structure was built. This is the base of the whole system.


This shows where the unistrut would attach to the beams. Since they're C beams going vertically and they switch orientation half way across, I ended up connecting two pieces together to span the entire room. This would make it impossible to slide off the beam.


This is the main rigging layer. Everything that we suspend from the ceiling gets hung from these pipe grids, truss, or the pipe that goes around the under side of the atrium.


This was what I had planned for the electrical and data runs. We ended up not doing any of it because of cost. 


I had hoped to get enough fixtures and cable to do this plot. It has fixtures in place for runway (pink), shows (orange), spotting/breakups (green), and dance (yellow). I was able to match this minus the Lekos.








No comments:

Post a Comment